The thing with everybody's favourite addiction
June 16, 2022
We talk to Maria Palacio, CEO and co-founder of Progeny Coffee, about one of the world's favourite beverages. She shares her story and lets us in on the secret to quality coffee beans.
- Did you know that coffee is rated by a score that goes from 1 to 100?
- What is the criteria for coffee to be considered specialty coffee?
- How can you tell if a coffee is overroasted? And what does roast have to do with the quality?
- Why does the fairtrade label does not necessarily affect the coffee bean growers?
- What does sustainability in the coffee production world look like?
- How did Progeny Coffee manage to lift their farmers out of poverty?
In this episode you will find out about the different types of coffee, the social aspects of its production, what coffee is tasty enough to drink black, why highland coffee is the best and more!